Week One Summary

     Week one went remarkably well. I started this project with low expectations. Most of my previous large-scale customs had gone poorly and had cosmetic issues either caused by my airbrush having issues or other paint pens or spray paint cans failing and causing blotches. I took several preventative measures before starting this project in hopes that this wouldn't happen and it went off almost without a hitch. The only problem I encountered with this entire project was with the clear coat bubbling and that was a fairly simple fix.

    I am super happy with how the longboard came out as it was by far the largest custom I have ever done. The paint stuck beautifully, the primer was flawless, and the drawing came out exactly the same as my original sketch. The clear coat was definitely a disappointment but cosmetically the board is fine. I may use this piece as wall art as opposed to a functional surfboard simply due to the fact that it may not survive contact with salt water but nevertheless, I am happy with the end result.

    For my project this coming week I am going to be painting a carver skateboard. I plan to prime the background light blue and go with an ocean theme for the design. The board belongs to a friend of mine and I am going off of her design requests but I am excited for this project because I have had a lot of experience painting skateboards and have many tried and true methods of both painting and epoxying these boards. I plan to prime the board tomorrow morning and sketch out my design while I wait for it to dry. This project should go a bit quicker than my first with the opportunity to start a third project before the week ends.

Total Hours: 21

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week Two Reflection

Project Prep Day