Surfboard Painting Day One

 Day One


Day one began with a rough start as I prepped the board for priming. Sanding away four years of wax and epoxy took the better half of my morning. Once the board was finally prepped I began the process of taping off the fins, cap, and rails which took roughly forty-five minutes. After a brief lunch break I finally began the process of actually priming the board. After the first coat I came to a frustrating realization. Even with the sanding the paint was having trouble sticking and was thus leaving gaps. I had to wait about thirty minutes between coats to let the paint dry and in total did four coats. Finally, after two more hours, the board was finally primed as I brought it inside, pulled off the tape, and called it a day. I look forward to actually starting the fun part tomorrow. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week Two Reflection

Week One Summary

Project Prep Day