Surfboard Painting Day Five

 Day Five


Today Was a minor setback in my progress. I spent my morning applying a complete clearcoat and left the board outside to dry. Unfortunately, the spray paint had a bad reaction with the enamel and bubbled in some places. These bubbles caused the base primer to flake off and crumble, forcing me to respray several parts of the board. Fortunately, most major drawings on the board were able to be saved and I could fix most blemishes with either paint pens or primer. The board looks the same appearance-wise now I just don't think it can serve as a functional artwork anymore. I think this board may become a wall ornament or something similar simply due to the fact that any wear and tear could cause the entire artwork to crumble off the board.

Hours Today: 4

Total Hours: 19

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Week Two Reflection

Week One Summary

Project Prep Day